Thursday 11 June 2009

Designers Guild

I first discovered Designers Guild when I was on my work experience placement way back in 1998. I had written to an Interior Design store and asked them to take me on. The inside of the store was just lined with fabric swatches and all sorts of wonderful things to feed the interior designer in me.

These days I still love to look at the website and feel totally inspired by their stunning fabrics and designs. Some of their designs are quite old-fashioned and decadent in that they use a lot of rich damask patterns and antique baroque style furniture and other designs can be really modern with a more minimalist effect. I love all of it, but I think what draws me more is their use of colour. They have a real eye for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails