Saturday 6 June 2009

beautiful couture

I have this thing about beautiful evening gowns and haute couture. It often means that I watch a lot of E! (don't judge me!) for their coverage of the big award ceremonies so I can get my fix.

I love seeing beautifully made dresses with such attention to detailing and tailoring, and how they made the wearer look so amazing. I would love to have the chance to wear a haute couture gown and feel like a princess for a night. I bet it has a huge confidence boosting effect. It also makes me wish I had studied fashion design or some sort of tailoring so I could even begin to comprehend how people are able to put together such exquisite pieces.

Some of my favourites over recent years:

Charlize Theron in Christian Dior at the 2005 Golden Globes:

Penelope Cruz in Versace at the 2007 Oscars:

Teri Hatcher in Monique Lhuillier at teh 2009 Screen Actors' Guild Awards:

Isla Fisher in Carlos Miele at the 2009 Oscars:
Beautiful no?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails