Friday 20 November 2009

Philadelphia

It was one of the stops on our 2007 road trip and it definitely sticks out as one of my favourite places that we visited. I got a really good vibe from the city and there was so much to see and do; lots of museums and cultural and historical points of interest.

Nick was very excited because of the Rocky movies, so he had a great time running up the steps to the Museum of Art, which he subsequently spent a great deal of energy and time turning into a video montage complete with music. Hmm. We also managed to catch some festival at the Seaport so there was lots of food, music and general good times - I also had my first snow cone. Very exciting.

We visited loads of places while we were there, the Franklin Institute was great, I imagine even better for kids but I loved climbing through the giant heart all the same. There was also the Rodin Museum, which I really loved because he is one of my favourite sculptors. Then there was the Mutter Museum which is a museum of medical oddities, probably not for the faint-hearted, there are lots of genuine preserved anatomical bits and bobs (tumours, skeletons, organs) including an entire chest of drawers dedicated to things that have been extracted from people's throats. Lovely.

And of course, the Philly Cheese Steak ... there are no words.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails