Wednesday 29 July 2009

Marie Antoinette

A good friend of mine lent me this film recently and, as they say, OMG!!! It is quite a sad story of the misunderstood Queen of France and the pressures and responsibilities that fell on the young royal.

But oh me oh my! - Such beauty and decadence. The film won an Oscar for Best Costume Design and you can see why. The whole film is just one big feast for the eyes - the cakes (yum!), the clothes, the interiors, the shoes...it goes on.

I particularly loved the colours in the film, there was a lot of creams and duck egg blue and powder pink which look great together and has a very soft and romantic feel to it. I love these colours and if you look at some of my jewellery in mymiyel, you can definitely see this. Like my Noemie earrings:



Anyway, enough talk. Here are some piccies for your enjoyment:




Definitely worth a watch if you've not seen it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails